Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2020

WTF is Cancel Culture Anyway?


Hello folks. This video I'm examining cancel culture, and why everyone is losing their minds over it.

I'm attempting to have a nuanced opinion of it and what it's all about. There's a section where I talk about democratic politicians like Al Franken and John Conyers. Please be aware I'm not defending the actions of these people, but what I am doing is using them as a contrast to how Republican politicians with similar (or worse) sexual harassment scandals are treated. Specifically, I use them to illustrate how when it comes to politicians, Democrats are much more vulnerable to this type of "cancellation" than Republicans are.

The second half is about "Karen" videos, and cancellation can be abused (or backfire.)

No comments:

Post a Comment