Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

People Who Still Piss Me Off: Libertarians - Response to Philosopossum


So years ago back in 2011, I made a video called "People who Piss me off:Libertarians." This seemingly has become one of my most viewed videos (which isn't really saying much.) Seems like libertarians will watch anything with the word "libertarian" in it, and a lot of them have opinions they are just dying to share.

Anyway, so about a year ago I was informed that these two guys with cartoon avatars made a response video to it (like nine years after it came out.) I contemplated making a response video, and even commented on their channel, but they didn't answer, so whatever. Usually I don't really go for this video-response-video form of debate, because the way I see it this is a free country, and people can think whatever they want about me or what I publish. You think I'm full of shit? Fine with me, as long as you're not taking things too far it's no skin off my back. 

Anyway, another guy name Philosopossum made his own response video (which was linked on first response video) and actually did invite me to respond. His video is filled with the standard libertarian responses to things, which means it was a piece of cake to debunk. Apparently he made another response but I haven't watched it yet, as this is only like part 1 of what will probably be a three or four part series, if I get around to it. 

So if you're not into these sort of debate things feel free to skip this one, but if you want to see a hour of me picking apart the standard libertarian arguments in regards to government regulations, taxes, militarism, and the like, then you'll enjoy this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment